Today, Americans for the Arts announced the companies selected as The BCA 10: Best Companies Supporting the Arts in America for 2012. The annual awards recognize ten U.S. companies for their exceptional commitment to the arts through grants, local partnerships, volunteer programs, matching gifts, sponsorships and board membership.
The 2012 BCA 10 honorees are:
• Alltech, Inc., Nicholasville, KY
• Bank of America, Charlotte, NC
• Chaves Consulting, Inc., Baker City, OR
• Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Oklahoma City, OK
• Earl Swensson Associates, Inc., Nashville, TN
• First Community Bank, Corpus Christi, TX
• Golden Artist Colors, Inc., New Berlin, NY
• Jackson and Company, Houston, TX
• Masco Corporation, Taylor, MI
• Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, FL
The Boeing Company will be inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame, which honors companies that demonstrate exceptional long-term support of the arts.
“This year’s BCA 10 honorees are a remarkable inspiration to others as they work to ensure that the arts thrive in their communities,” said Robert L. Lynch, president and CEO of Americans for the Arts. “Because of their exceptional and enduring support for the arts, citizens across the country have access to the arts, further enriching and improving the quality of life for their workers and their communities.”
“These businesses lead by example and set a standard of arts support for other companies to follow,” said William T. Kerr, BCA Executive Board Chairman and President & CEO, Arbitron, Inc. “They have demonstrated a steadfast commitment to the arts through financial and in-kind support, innovative partnerships and community involvement.”
The BCA 10 will be presented by Americans for the Arts on October 4 at a black-tie gala at the Central Park Boathouse in New York City.